4 Habits To Lose Fat Get Muscle
Getting in shape, looking toned, is not as hard as most people think. The key to change, like everything in life, is good habits. To lose fat get muscle no different. Change one small habit at a time and you will see success quickly.
Healthy small habits are like compound interest. Add them to your daily routine, and your body will reflect the habits exponentially.
1) Drink a large glass of water right when you wake up and every time you eat
Your body is close to 60% water. Feed it what it needs!
What water does for you:
- A building material to the life of every cell in your body
- Lubricates joints
- Flushes waste through urination
- A shock absorber for the brain, spinal cord, and fetus
- Transports protein and carbohydrates through the blood stream that your body uses as energy
- Regulates internal body temperature by sweating and respiration
- Fills your belly and makes it easier to make healthy food choices
2) Exercise the first moment of the day you get a chance. Do not sit down
Once you plop on the couch, check the DVR to see what recorded last night, there is a lot less of a chance you will workout. The reason is homeostasis. The body wants to stay in whatever mode it’s currently in. That voice in your head, telling you excuses for not getting up to work out, is your body not wanting to exert energy. To change modes from inactive to active and active to inactive, takes energy. Our bodies have evolved over millions of years and one thing our body never wants to give up easily is energy.
Keep this in mind for other activities in your life. Don’t break active mode for a second when you have stuff left to do.
3) Prepare your weeks meals on Sunday
Hit the grocery store up. Plan what your lunch is going to be everyday of the week. On Sunday night, cook and Tupperware up all your lunches. Marinate Monday’s dinner if needed.
You will be inclined to eat your healthy meal because you do not want to waste money, time, and your training on take-out crap. When we invest in anything, our brains put a higher importance on whatever we’re doing. Why? Because if we invested in it, it must be important. This applies to all things in life.
4) Have a training plan and do not let anything get in its way
If you want to work out 3 days a week, Monday Wednesday Friday, Do it and never make an excuse. Sick, tired, sore muscles, hard day at work, it does not matter! You are going to get your workout in!
If you do not make an excuse for one month, and make all your workouts, the exercise habit will be developed. It will no longer take a lot of energy to get the motivation to train anymore.
Apply these 4 habits and watch your muscles grow while fat dissipates at ludicrous speed. Since it will happen so fast, you’ll be mad you did not take more progress pics.
Lose fat get muscle now. What are you waiting for…